The Center for Joint and Spine Relief offers a multidisciplinary team approach care including our Medical physicians, chiropractic physicians, and physical therapist . Our board-certified Physiatrist, chiropractic physicians and physical therapists work as a team to ensure a complete healthcare experience.
Our therapists use a hands-on approach in conjunction with specific modalities as needed. The most commonly used therapeutic procedures/modalities are:
- Manual (hands-on) Therapy: Consists of myofascial release techniques, stretching of restricted structures and specific strengthening of weak muscles, soft tissue and joint mobilization/manipulation, muscle energy and Mulligan techniques.
- Pain Management: use of moist heat, cryotherapy, ultrasound, phonophoresis, Iontophoresis, massage and Manipulation under Anesthesia performed at out-patient surgical centers.
- Therapeutic Exercises: Customized for each condition including strengthening, stabilizing, and stretching restricted structures to restore normal pain-free range of motion. The exercises improve movement and proper muscle balance.
- Postural Corrections: This addresses behavior modification, postural exercise and self-awareness. We concentrate on correcting musculoskeletal derangements.
- Home Management Program: A short and detailed home exercise program corresponding to the appropriate stage of condition, including the do's and don'ts of self-management.
Petracco Chiropractic Center will continue to offer chiropractic services while working closely with the Physical Therapy department and your referring physician to treat common problems and conditions ranging from accidents to sport injuries, sprains and strains, headaches, back disorders, tendonitis and spinal conditions (such as scoliosis, spinal stenosis, herniated discs of the neck (cervical spine) or lower back (lumbar spine), post-operative surgery, sciatica and acute and chronic pain.
We also treat most orthopedic conditions including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis/golf elbow, ACL and PCL knee reconstruction, meniscus /ligament injuries, fractures, gait abnormalities, cervical and lumbar radiculopathies (pain that travels to either arms or legs) and partial rotator cuff tears.
We also offer a wide referral basis in our area with specialties ranging from psychologists, acupuncture, pain management, physical medicine and rehab, orthopedic surgeons, neurologist, for our patients dealing with chronic pain, post-traumatic stress disorders and depression,
Our physical therapists are not just knowledgeable in anatomy, physiology, and the biomechanics of the body, but they are dedicated licensed professionals and highly trained.